Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a Blustery Wintery Day!

Yesterday proved to be a cold, yet productive day for me and my family. I began my day with a REALLY annoying alarm clock that plays radio static, at 5:00 am. I headed out to Greener Pastures in Bristol and worked with Theysa the Icelandic Horse that I have been working with for over a month now. Is was definately a different state of mind we both were in. I think Theysa is missing her mom already (she is on vacation for the next 3 weeks) and it was different not having Kenya sitting in the bales of hay watching me ride and asking questions!

However- We had a great ride today. Theysa has been pulling new stunts with her mom and she tried these a few times at first but I kept her moving forward and she realized it is just WAY TOO EASY to be good and WAY TOO HARD to be bad. =)

She THRIVES for this winter weather and I just can't! lol -23 windchill is quite a bit much for me!

Today all the horses are inside and that's where I am staying as well!

3 comments:

Ice Pony Girl said...

Hi...is this your ice pony or one in training at your barn? How old?

Tracey said...

-23 is WAY too cold to be outside working in . If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times...if it weren't for global warming we'd really be cold :)

IceRyder said...

Do you have any pictures of the Icelandics?

We have a few Icelandic Horses, and train with natural horsemanship and clicker training.

We used to live in MA in snow, but now in CA, no snow!